I did a product review on Sparkly Soul last month. Here it is in case you missed it!!
I would consider myself to be a (fairly) serious runner. My running shoes, clothes, and accessories need to be functional. No matter how cute that running skirt is, I’ll never justify wearing it if I’m going to be pulling it down every quarter of a mile (or worried that I’m showing more than I should be!!). I’ve worn the same brand/model of shoes, socks, and shorts for the last 5 years. Once I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.
But that doesn’t mean that I can’t feel or look like a girl when I’m out running. I admit – I put on mascara, I wear diamond stud earrings, and I color coordinate my outfit (down to matching hair ties and sports bras). Doing these things do not take away from my running abilities.
Up until recently, I had yet to find a headband that I was satisfied with. I need a headband that:
– keeps my hair/bangs out of my face
– is tight enough to stay in place during a long run
– doesn’t give me a headache by the end of a run
– retains it’s elasticity over time
Of course, I would love a headband that did all of the above while also looking cute! I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on headbands that never measured up to my expectations.
|My pile of failed headbands|
And then I found Sparkly Soul.
Sparkly Soul was created by a marathoner and triathlete who was facing the same frustration as myself and many other female athletes.
Finally, a headband that keeps my hair out of my face, doesn’t give me a headache, doesn’t rip my hair when I take it off, and doesn’t move (it didn’t budge at all on my 22 mile training run or the half-marathon I just raced).
But, best of all, Sparkly Soul headbands look AMAZING while being functional.
Sparkly Soul headbands have 360 degrees of sparkle. They come in 10 great colors – so it’s easy to color coordinate with the rest of my running outfit. And they come in a thick and thin band – I prefer the wider ones because I feel that they keep my shorter hair around my face in place better.
Needless to say, I am hooked – I have worn Sparkly Soul on EVERY single run since the day I tried them almost three months ago. And I don’t plan on wearing any other brand again!!
For more information or to purchase a Sparkly Soul headband, please visit: http://sparklysoul.com/
In honor of Veteran’s Day, I will be giving away TWO thin Sparkly Soul headbands – one blue and one red to a nycrunningmama follower!! Below are the official entry rules! Good luck to everyone!!
By entering your name and comment below you are agreeing to the Official Rules” of the sweepstakes.
- “NO PURCHASE NECESSARY”
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a U.S. resident
- Giveaway will run from Nov 11, 2011 until Nov 17, 2011. You must enter by 11:59pm EST on Nov 17, 2011
- Winner will be chosen Nov 18, 2011
- Entry procedures – Comment on the form below with when you would wear Sparkly Soul Headbands! Additional entries:
- Subscribe to nycrunningmama and tell me with an additional comment
- Follow me on twitter (nycrunningmama) and tweet me and tell me with an additional comment!
- Follow SparklySoul on twitter and tell me with an additional comment
- Winner will receive 2x thin Sparkly Soul headbands (valued at $30)
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning
- If duplicate entries are received, each duplicate entry will be deleted
- If there are technical difficulties, the contest will be void and will restart the following week (more information will be posted if this happens)
- Winner will be chosen randomly on Nov 18, 2011. The winner will be contacted via email and has 4x days to respond and claim their prize. If the winner does not receive an email within 4x days please contact me directly!
- Entrants must submit their name and email address when making a comment in order to contact the winner
- The winner’s name will be made public to viewers of the blog
- If winner does not claim the prize, a second name will be chosen at random.
- Sponsored by Michele Gonzalez – http://nycrunningmama.blogspot.com/
- Legal venue – NY state
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW