With only a few days left in 2011, it’s normal to reflect upon the past 12 months – smile with the good, hope to learn from the bad, and decide upon some goals for the upcoming year.
- Best race experience? NYC Marathon! I participated in the 5 Borough Challenge with 4 other runners. We got to start the marathon an hour before the rest of the field, and run the course on empty streets. The best part was having my son and husband standing at the finish line waiting for me to run through the tape – I’m not sure any future racing experiences will ever top that!
- Best run? A one-mile run five days after my son was born. It felt SO good to run with considerably less weight (~20 pounds) than on my previous run (one day prior to his birth). I felt like I was flying!
- Best new piece of gear? Saucony Run Vibe beanie - keeps my whole head warm on early morning winter runs.
- Best piece of running advice you received? If you aren’t in pain during training, how will you know what to do when you experience pain in a race?
- Most inspirational runner? This year, it was Desiree Davila and her 2nd place finish at the 2011 Boston Marathon
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Never Stop Running =)
- What are a couple of your major goals for 2012? Run a sub-3:10 spring marathon and complete my first Ironman
Comment below with your answers and let us know how you did in 2011!