There are a lot of random things that I want to share but rather than try to make a post around each one, I decided to just share them as concise as possibly:
– I forgot how much newborns sleep! My oldest son slept a good amount but nothing to the extent of his little brother. I’m actually hesitant to even type this out because I don’t want to jinx how well (and how much) he is currently sleeping. I have yet to nap during the day because I am getting a fairly decent amount of sleep at night (between 6-8 hours with 2short wakeups to nurse). And the best part is that he seems to have his nights and days totally figured out – he wants to do nothing except sleep and nurse between the hours of 10pm and 8am!
– I’m extremely anxious to start training and racing again. Running just for fun is great but after 8 months of easy running with no tangible goal (except to run through pregnancy) in mind, I am itching to have something to push myself towards. I hope to sit down and figure out my racing calendar for the remainder of 2012 this weekend and should have a post on what’s on tap early next week.
– It’s amazing how much more relaxed and calm you are with your second child. It’s not that I was freaking out with my first, but I felt that everything had to be done a certain way. For example, nursing the first few months looked like this: sitting on the couch with a nursing pillow, burpcloth, blanket, etc. Now? I breastfeed walking around while I am doing other things. Yesterday I made eggs for my oldest while I nursed my youngest.
– I haven’t cooked a meal since I’ve been home from the hospital. My mom has come for a few visits this week and each time she does, she arrives with a tray or dish of one of our favorite foods – eggplant parm, chicken cutlets, stromboli, desserts…We have so much food that I’ve actually had to freeze some of it because we can’t go through this much food fast enough. I’ve definitely been spoiled and I’m not sure how I’m going to go back to reality when this ends!
– I ordered the ipone 5 yesterday – it should be arriving in the next week or so…This will be my first iphone (I’ve been a Droid user) and I am beyond excited to enter the 21st century. YAY!
– Was not prepared for Grey’s Anatomy last night. Have to say that I am really disappointed that a certain person won’t be on the show anymore (don’t want to go into details to spoil it for anyone that DVR’d it!).
Is anyone racing this weekend? Share the details – I will live vicariously through you for the time being!!
Is there anything random in your life right now?
Did you watch Grey’s last night??