Happy National Running Day!! I am not sure who started this “National” holiday, but every year, it seems more and more companies are jumping on board to help celebrate the fun day. It also helps that it’s only TWO days before National Donut Day (which is Friday!) – I don’t think this is a coincidence! HA =)
Below are some of the awesome deals, giveaways, and events going on today!! Do you know any other ones that are worth mentioning? Please share if you do =)
Tweet or post a photo showing your running story to Instagram with #IMARUNNER to enter to win 1 of 60 Timex Ironman Watches. You can also enter by submitting a photo or story directly on the Timex Sports Facebook page “#IMARUNNER Tab”. Winners will be selected at random and official rules are located here: http://bit.ly/147ilKy.
Additionally, for every photo submitted, Timex will donate $5, up to $15,000, toward One Fund Boston which helps those individuals most affected by the tragic events of April 15, 2013.
I’ve been a HUGE fan of ESD since my first purchase over a year ago and have since returned to ESD for gifts for several friends as well as myself!
Enter to win this beautiful engraved sterling silver necklace by tweeting, following, liking, pinning (all the details can be found here). Entry is only open on June 5th and one winner will be selected at random by June 7th.
Additionally, use the coupon code JUSTRUN on Erica Sara Designs for 10% off all race bling (excluding rings) when you order today.
SAVE $20* on race registration when you register on Wednesday, June 5 between 12:00 am – 11:59 pm PST! Register today for any half marathon remaining in the 2013 year: Nashville (Sept. 28), Scottsdale-Tempe (Nov. 3) and St. Petersburg (Nov. 24) — or all three.
Save $20 on race registration ($12 discount towards Rock ‘n’ Roll Brooklyn 10k and €10 discount towards all open Rock ‘n’ Roll International Events) when you register today (June 5th) until 11:59pm PST.
I’m currently signed up for the Philadelphia Half Marathon and the New York 10k – would LOVE if you came out and ran with me!
Additionally, there will be random prize giveaways every hour on the hour from 8am – 8pm. Winners will be announced on the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series Facebook Page.
Enter to win (and wear-test) a pair of the not-yet-released Wave Sayonoras! Details can be found here.
It’s no secret that I am obsessed with Sparkly Soul Headbands. I want/need every color:
Today, Sparkly Soul is offering 15% your entire order when you use the code “RUNNINGDAY” at checkout. All details can be found here.
I Run This Body
My good friend, Dorothy from Mile-Posts is hosting a giveaway for her super cute, super popular I Run This Body shirts. Clearly, I am not the only one in my house who loves the shirts =)
Head over to her site to find out how to enter – you can tweet or follow on IG, Pinterest or Twitter for a chance to win one of the PINK shirts! (all the details can be found here). Entry is open through June 7th and one winner will be selected at random shortly thereafter.
- 9am: Nearly 2,000 Mighty Milers from New York City public schools will take over Icahn Stadium and push their annual mileage over the 4-million mile mark at the Mighty Milers Fun Run.
- 10am: NYRR staff will lead free senior walks for people of all fitness levels in Central Park and Brownsville, Brooklyn. The Central Park group will meet at 110th St. and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. Brooklyn walkers meet at 630 Mother Gaston Blvd. at Livonia Ave.
- 1030-1230pm: NYRR members are invited to attend a free community luncheon at the Mighty Milers Fun Run and watch nearly 2,000 students delight in half-mile runs and fitness games. Space is limited; RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12pm: Coaches John and Stuart will be the Emily Posts of running as they answer all your running etiquette questions on snot rockets, headphones, corral jumpers, and more. Get your questions ready and join us. Post a question and you could win one of NYRR’s great online training programs. Complete rules.
- 1pm: We’re opening number pickup for the Oakley New York Mini 10K today! Oakley will have a display of products that showcase the Oakley New York Mini 10K as well as the history of the Mini. You can also pick up a flyer for 25% off apparel and eyewear; just show your runner bib at Oakley’s Times Square and Soho stores!
- 4-7pm: Quench your thirst at Central Park’s Engineers’ Gate and near Prospect Park’s Grand Army Plaza entrance, where we’ll be setting up water tables. Make your own National Running Day bib and pick up a ribbon that shows Boston love.
- 6:30pm: Join the Brooks Fun Run at Run by Footlocker on 34 East 14th St., with limited-edition T-shirts for all running participants while supplies last. RSVP by June 3 to email@example.com. Stop in the store between 12PM and 8PM for the Brooks Try-On Event, too.
- 6:30pm: Get your 5K on at the Prospect Park Track Club’s Al Goldstein Summer Series presented By JackRabbit Sports and timed By NYCRUNS. Register online or onsite by 6:45PM. Race begins shortly after 7:00PM. Afterward, join local runners at Sharlene’s in Prospect Heights for the annual NYRR Singlets Mixer. There are more than 100 clubs to run with in New York City. Come to the mixer and find one that suits you. Enjoy refreshments and giveaways starting at 7:30PM. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7pm: NYRR’s Team for Kids is hosting a National Running Day happy hour at The Gin Mill on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Meet runners and coaches and learn how you can get guaranteed entry into the ING New York City Marathon. There’ll be food, giveaways, and fun contests. Bring a friend, and the first drink is on us. RSVP
- 7pm: Test your legs and your brain at the National Running Day Race and Quiz Relay hosted by the Dashing Whippets. This free Manhattan to Brooklyn to Manhattan event boasts prizes for the smartest of the speediest teams and games for all, including skee-ball, buck hunter, darts, and pool.