Last week, I had the privilege of attending an immersion event with 10 other bloggers at NOW® Foods in Bloomgindale, IL. I cannot even begin to explain how excited I have been about this event. A few weeks ago, I briefly touched on some of the changes my family has been making in our home, in our food and in the products we use. NOW® Foods not only has the products to help support these changes, but their entire mission is dedicated to helping people live healthier lives.
When I was first invited to this event, I didn’t realize the extent of products NOW® provides. I was very familiar with the supplement line but I don’t take supplements regularly – and so I didn’t really see how I would be a good fit for the program. But, after spending some time on the NOW website, I realized how wrong I was. NOW has four distinct product categories – supplements, sports nutrition, foods and personal care.
You can read about these categories and the 1,400 natural products (!!) they offer here.
Just a few facts:
- Founded in 1968 by Elwood Richard on the belief that natural is better, NOW is still family-owned today by the Richard family.
- NOW’s products are created using non-GMO, non-irradiated and organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 100 percent of NOW’s family of food brands are non-GMO; and 75 percent of NOW’s supplements are non-GMO assured. For more information on NOW’s non-GMO commitment, click here.
- NOW® Sports is one of the few natural sports product brands that does not use any artificial ingredients, including artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors.
- NOW® Solutions is a line of superior personal care products (skincare, haircare, general hygiene) derived from pure, natural ingredients free of harsh preservatives to support a variety of individual needs
The ~24 hours we were in Chicago included a delicious dinner where we got to meet the other bloggers as well as the CEO, program managers and other key leaders within the company, an early AM spin and yoga session at Lifetime Fitness (complete with a pre-workout bar and post-workout smoothie!) and then ~ 7 hours touring both the plant and the corporate offices (with lunch and cookie-making demo in the mix!).
Seeing how products are tested when they enter the plant, to how they are stored, accounted for, created, labeled, packaged and sent off for delivery was incredible. The amount of scrutiny that went into each step was comforting – NOW is doing everything in it’s power to ensure that they are using the best and safest ingredients for their products.
But even more amazing was meeting and interacting with the positive and dedicated NOW employees – from the CEO (Jim Emme) to the product managers to their head chef to the members of their production lines. It was clear that the employees within NOW believe in the product they are creating and selling.
It’s one thing to like the products a company sells but it’s another thing when you know the story and people behind that company and can literally see how important their products and mission are to them. I’m ecstatic that I have found a company that I trust and I plan to start incorporating a lot of the NOW products into my home.
If you want the chance to learn more about the company, come join our Twitter chat on Tuesday, May 12 @ 9pm EST. Use the hashtag #NOWGetFit to ask any questions you may have about the company and/or the products!
- Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2015
- Time: 9 pm Eastern
- Hashtag: NOWGetFit
Now for the fun part!! When we first arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with an unbelievable spread of NOW products – three enormous bags packed with items from each of the four product categories. These were SOME of the items waiting for us:
NOW is giving away this same awesome box of goodies to one reader! If you are not familiar with the brand, this is a great way to get to know some of their products. And if you are familiar with NOW Foods, then you already love their products and obviously want to win all these products!
- The giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on Tuesday, May 12; winner will be announced on/about Wednesday, May 13.
- One winner will receive a package of NOW Foods products (including the products shown above).
- Winner has one week to claim their prize (I will contact you as best I can via email or social media) before a follow-up winner is selected
- All entries will be verified
- Winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter and are based on the number of entries received
- Open to US residents only
Connect with NOW at:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nowfoodsofficial
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nowfoods
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/nowfoodsofficial/
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of NOW Foods.
For More NYC Running Mama training updates, pictures and ramblings, check out:
- Instagram: NYCRunningMama
- Twitter: NYCRunningMama
- Facebook: NYCRunningMama
- Pinterest: NYCRunningMama