It’s been about two months since I started using Wellcoin on a daily basis (I first talked about it here). It’s been a learning process for me – for the first week or so, I wasn’t logging my activity in the most advantageous way and therefore wasn’t maximizing the wellcoins I could be earning! So, I wanted to share some of the tips and tricks I’ve learned about the app and how to maximize your wellcoins!
– Always choose “verification”. You can earn more wellcoins by letting the community verify your activity. The community can give you anywhere from 1 to 5 stars – if you earn 5 stars, you can triple the wellcoins you originally were receiving for that activity. So if you post a healthy lunch for 20 wellcoins, have the community verify it and you can receive 60 wellcoins! (Note: the verification option is on the final screen before you submit the activity (see below).)
– Attach a photo. A photo will increase the chances of your activity being verified – picture of your meal, treadmill readout, weights, scene on your run – it doesn’t matter – as long as it helps show that you are logging the activity.
– Use compatible apps. I use a Garmin when I run – but garmin does not automatically synch with the Wellcoin app. I downloaded Strava and Runkeeper – and began using one (or the other) when I ran. When I save the run, it automatically uploads to Wellcoin and gives me the maximum number of wellcoins possible (with no verification needed). The same can be said for sleeping apps and activity tracking apps – find one that is compatible with the Wellcoin app.
– Join the community. You have the ability to verify other user’s activities – and earn 2 wellcoins for each one you verify. Simply click on the “community” button on the left hand part of the screen.
– Interact with others: You earn a point for every person that “likes” your activity – so interact, follow others and make it a community app to maximize your wellcoins!
I’ve redeemed my Wellcoins for several rewards:
I used the DICK’s gift certificate to put towards my youngest son’s first pair of soccer cleats!! He participates in a weekly clinic with our school/parish! Love that our healthy lifestyle was able to go towards a healthy activity!
I haven’t received the delivery of HelloFresh yet – we decided to wait to use it for the first couple of weeks when I begin working (Oct 5!). My husband and I figured it would be a nice way to have some delicious dinners since we will be a household with full-time working parents (my husband co-owns his company, too). Will definitely update you after we give the delivery a try (we received 2x $35 coupons to use on two separate deliveries).
It’s easy to sign up and start logging your activity -> Click here to head over to Wellcoin’s page. Use code “NYCRUNNINGMAMA” (case sensitive) to receive 500 Wellcoins!
This post is sponsored by Wellcoin. All opinions are my own.
For More NYC Running Mama training updates, pictures and ramblings, check out:
- Instagram: NYCRunningMama
- Twitter: NYCRunningMama
- Facebook: NYCRunningMama
- Pinterest: NYCRunningMama