The NYC Half Race Recap will be up tomorrow but I’ll save the suspense…I PR’d by over 2 min!!! I didn’t get my sub-1:32 but I was darn close (1:32:23) and could NOT be happier with how the whole race went. I don’t think the smile has left my face since I crossed the finish line.
And want to know one of the best parts about the weekend? I am not the only one who PR’d…SO many friends set massive PRs this weekend:
- Kristin ran the LA Marathon in 3:20
- Ashley ran a 1:43 at the NYC Half -> PR by over 2 min
- Jess took 10 min off her half and ran the Rock N Roll Half in 1:33
- Gia got her BQ at the LA Marathon after missing it by 10 sec in the fall – she ran a 3:32
- Theodora ran a 5 min PR in 1:50 at the Rock N Roll DC Half
- Erica got her sub-2 half at the NYC Half
- Lindsey crushed her previous marathon PR with a 3:13 at the Shamrock Marathon
- Ashley ran a 2:05 to crush her PR that she’s had for 5 years at the NYC Half
On the Run Interview
I am so happy and honored to have been featured in their coverage leading up to the NYC Half. In case you missed it on WABC or on their website, here is the video:
Saturday Expo + Shopping
I headed to the NYC Half expo Saturday morning to get my race bib (with the coolest # ever – 1234!). It couldn’t be located so I had to be given a replacement one (#1900). Kind of bummed because 1234 sounded fast but I forced myself to not something as trivial as a race # pysch me out.